Why can't I save this layout?

We use a page to track our overall progress, and I’m trying to save the layout on our
Finaled shots so that I can see which shots were updated when. Try as I might, I can’t get the changed layout to stick.

Here’s what the default looks like:

Here’s my re-grouping:

But no matter how I save I can’t get it to stick. I’ve tried re-designing the page, I’ve tried saving at every level I can think of - I don’t know how to fix it. Any suggestions?

3 Likes

Hi @jlweiss,

Sorry for the confusion there. The Save Layout feature is confusing, but it works as designed. There’s a global layout for all “focus grids” for a single entity type. When you do “View Source Data”, Shotgun grabs that layout as a base, but then Shotgun overrides settings like filters and groups based on the graph’s settings. That said, the grid always comes up grouped by Status since that’s what the graph is configured to use in “Graph By”.

We have a usability ticket to improve descriptions on what is actually happening/being saved in these cases. I’ll add your use-case to that ticket as well.

3 Likes

Ah - gotcha. I feel like I’ve used Save Layout before and it worked but it was probably for column orders & whatnot, NOT grouping/sorting on the graph stuff.

3 Likes

@jlweiss, could it have been for another focus grid pop-up outside of graph source data? The layout should save for those (like the notes count field, query fields displaying counts, etc).

2 Likes

I think it was probably just the particular columns displaying or something and not grouping the source data - I don’t recall exactly but whatever it was worked, so that’s why I thought my changes should stick.

2 Likes

Gotcha! In any case, it is confusing/misleading so it should get those better descriptors :wink:

2 Likes