Using Event Summary Page to Track my Artists Daily Work

I built out a page that sniffs the Event Summary Page, I have each of my departments as a filter, as well as each artist.

It allows me to see live up to date when tasks are marked complete, which will give me a real-time look if they are hitting their quotas.

As well as tracking Revision Requests, to see what their percentage of submissions need more work.

And finally, a category to track how many of their tasks were marked final, which gives me the metric of how many of their total complete tasks were approved and finalled out.

I will need to figure out how to get this to display properly in a graph form, but right now using the filters and column summary provides me the data needed.

9 Likes

Hi @Shane_Davis and welcome to the forum!

Sounds like a handy page you’ve setup—thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Welcome to the forums, Shane - nice use of Event Logs. Couple of quick pointers on this workflow:

• We only retain Event Logs for a set period of time (default is 6 months) more info here
  • Out of all entities, Event logs contain the most records (by a long way!) so your page may take a while to load, should you introduce an inefficient filter.
  • If you’re wanting to see Statuses over time, we now have a specific graph for that: The Status History Graph - check that out, as it might be another useful way for you to keep track of when things are approved.

Happy Shotgunning!

8 Likes

Related to this, we set up something to help. We added a custom Date field on our tasks, and set up a trigger that automatically sets the date when the task’s status gets marked “complete”. Since that’s then a discrete field that can be filtered by, we use it for grouping tasks in graph views.

6 Likes

To add to what you are doing…
When a artist marks their task “In Progress”, it will change the start date to that current date, and when the task gets marked final, it will change the end date. I initially set the start and end dates that I have set in SmartSheets. But at the end of production, I can get the average duration of the start task and final end task, to see average task duration, to bid for the next production a bit better.

4 Likes

Thanks Man, this will be my next weeks education and building. I started on a graph and got a bit lost, this should help me out.

3 Likes