Unable to Grant Access Token

Hello!

We’re following setting up our development environment on Postman. We’ve become stuck on granting a new access token, receiving this error message:

Error: [object Object]

We do have an IP whitelisted server, so we did whitelist the IPs mentioned in this thread:

but it did not fix our issue.

If anyone has any advice or needs specific details, let us know!

Thank you,

-Phil F

2 Likes

We’ve also noticed this in the webhooks form on our website. No projects or entities come up in the dropdowns.

On another PC logged into same account, the bottom of the form says UNAUTHORIZED.

Thank you,

-Phil F

1 Like

Hey Phil!

That error sounds like your Shotgun site cannot reach the event service. Can you check our documentation here for IP allowed list for Webhooks? There are three additional IPs that you’ll need to add to your Allowed IP list in your Site Preferences:

Let me know if that does the trick! :crossed_fingers:

Cheers,
Jessica

2 Likes

Hi Jessica,

Adding these IPs to the whitelist did not solve our issue, we still get the same error [we already had these whitelisted]:

Thank you,

-Phil F

1 Like

Hey Phil,

I’ve been talking to the engineers about what could potentially cause this. It sounds like there was a URL change on your site, which led to capital letters in your URL name. Typically, we catch instances like this automatically, but it looks like there was a loose end in the internal tools which our team use to change site URLs. This is what’s causing the issue with webhooks.

The good news is that the fix is easy - I’ll just need to change your site URL to the same as it is now, but with all lowercase letters instead of capitals. I’ll open a Zendesk ticket with you, so we can discuss the details there, outside of the public forum.

More to come!

Cheers,
Jessica

3 Likes