Tk-framework-adobe and UXP

From what I understand the Adobe integrations are still build on the Adobe’s CEP infrastructure instead of the UXP, announced in 2020 to replace CEP, if I am not wrong. Hence also why the plugin is grouped under legacy.

I am considering restructuring some internal SG toolkit code that relies on the tk-photoshopcc (which uses tk-framework-adobe). Hence, I would like to know, if possible, what is Autodesk’s timeline for the UXP transition? Or will the system remain on CEP indefinitely. will Adobe support that forever?

2 Likes

Bumping this as it seems pretty important, from what I can tell they will eventually end CEP support and I am hearing mixed messages that Apple Silicon CEP extensions are run in a compatibility mode so it seems like the end is nigh

1 Like

Seems important.

Make a ticket and reference this thread, the forum is not officially the place for tracking issues:

Hi! We are aware of UXP but since Adobe hasn’t make any big announcements about retiring CEP in a concrete timeline, we will remain on CEP till then. According to other tools, e.g. Premiere PRO (link) we have still years of time. Thank you!

2 Likes