Trying to wrap my head around submitting a comp for review in Flame. On its face, the workflow seems pretty simple - just right click on something in the media panel and select “Submit for ShotGrid review…”. However, this doesn’t seem to work, at all. It looks like it attempts to render out a QuickTime movie to a temp file, and then errors, saying it can’t find the file. At the very least, I’d need this to work, hah hah!
This is what I’d like the SG Export to do.
- Take the image sequence rendered out of Batch, and add a slate at the head, using the description entered into the SG Export dialog as slate notes, with proper timecode relative to the first frame of the batch output
- Export the resulting EXR image sequence to the file system
- Build an arbitrary number of movie files from the EXR source for Editorial QuickTimes and VFX Quicktimes - example Avid DNxHD QuickTime movie for Editorial, and H.264 QuickTime file for VFX review, but could include additional movie files
- Apply color management ( shot-specific CDL, show LUT ) to the above movie files
- Publish all the outputs in a context-aware fashion, i.e. linked to the appropriate shot and task
- Create a Version with sg_path_to_frames and sg_path_to_movie fields populated, and upload the VFX QuickTime to SG for streaming media review
Has anyone done anything like this before? I’m guessing I need to likely re-write a bunch of hooks for the flame export app, but was hoping for some guidance before I get started.