Software Entity: Fail to detect Maya 2020

Hi support,

I’ve setup my project with tk-config-default2.git, using centralized config style, and Software Entity to control the software menu.

I’ve got Maya v2014-2020 except v2016 in my PC, but Maya 2020 is not showing up.

Here is my Software spec:

• Win10 x64
  • tk-core v0.19.4
  • tk-shotgun v0.8.2
  • tk-maya v0.9.10

2 Likes

Hi @danielwong,

Thanks for posting in the community.

Based on the doc here, Shotgun will display launchers for all supported software packages that it finds in standard application directories. Could you ensure you installed Maya 2020 in the standard application directories, the same as other versions which appear on the Software entity.

It’s okay if your DCCs are not in the standard application directories, but you probably need to manually fill in the Linux/Mac/Windows Path in order for Shotgun to find it. And a reminder that:

When you specify a value for any of Linux Path, Mac Path, or Windows Path on a Software entity, 
that entity will shift to Manual mode. Unlike auto-detect mode, where the software would show up 
in Desktop when a path field is empty, in manual mode, a software package will only show up on a 
given operating system if a path is specified for it and the file exists at the specified path.

Cheers,
Ben

2 Likes

Hi Ben,

Thanks for looking into the issue. Yes, my Maya 2020 is installed in standard application directory.

Our software paths are like this:

• C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2020\bin\maya.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2019\bin\maya.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2018\bin\maya.exe

And my Software entity has got no path input.

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

this can happen if you installed Maya 2020 after that menu get cached. We currently have an internal ticket about that issue where it won’t detect any new software that get installed after an actions menu get cached.

As a workaround for now, you can either do a modification in the Software Entity page to get the menu refresh or delete your local actions menu cache (.sqlite file) under %appdata%\Shotgun[site_name]\site.basic.desktop\tk-desktop.

Thank you and sorry for the trouble

Francis

6 Likes

Hey Mathurf,

It works! Thank you very much!

3 Likes