Show extra task fields in File Open dialog

Hi,

I’m looking for a way to show the sequence field in the My Task field of the File Open dialog.
It shows only the shot name and a task type, I would love to have the Sequence name with it as well. I’ve found in the documentation that I should be able to set in:
settings.tk-multi-workfiles2.maya.shot_step:
the field
my_tasks_extra_display_fields
so I tried to add ['sg_sequence'] and a whole lot more, but it’s not doing anything. I’d love to get a pointer on how to show more information in the My Tasks view.

Any help is appreciated!
-Johan

3 Likes

Hi, Johan!

I’m moving this to the Pipeline Integrations category to get the right eyes on the question for you :slight_smile:

Best,
Tram

3 Likes

Hi Johan

my_tasks_extra_display_fields expects a list of fields on the Task entity.
The sg_sequence field isn’t a default Task field, so I just wanted to check; have you created a custom sg_sequence field on the Task in Shotgun?

If your tasks are linked to a Shot and then linked to a Sequence then you could do the following:
my_tasks_extra_display_fields: ['entity.Shot.sg_sequence.Sequence.code']

Though as you can see, any tasks on an Asset will just show None

(Edited so that it doesn’t show the sequence entity dictionary, but rather just the name of the sequence)

1 Like

Thanks Philip, I get it about the entity linking.
2 more questions:

1. I just add this straight under settings.tk-multi-workfiles2.maya.shot_step, or do I need to add it in the asset/shot sub item?

2. Is there anything that can be done on the formatting, like formatting it as ‘Seq 0010’ for example without dumping all data straight in there?

Thanks again!
-Johan

2 Likes

Ah, yes, I knew I forgot something!
You need to make sure you add that to all work files settings not just the shot_step, if you want to be able to see that information no matter which context you are currently in. For example when you launch from a project context, you will be using either the settings.tk-multi-workfiles2 or the settings.tk-multi-workfiles2.launch_at_startup depending on the software.

I just took a look at the code, but there doesn’t appear to be a way to change the formatting of that information.

I’ll post a suggestion to the roadmap on your behalf.

2 Likes

Actually sorry I’m clearly still not thinking of everything.
You could use 'entity.Shot.sg_sequence.Sequence.code' if you just wanted the name to show.
(I’ll update my previous message)

2 Likes

Let’s call this one solved.
Thanks Philip!

1 Like