Shotgun in custom unreal build

Hello,

I’m a bit lost on the set up for getting unreal to launch from a custom engine build.
I have unreal running in the basic build 4.25.3 but we are using a custom build and I cant seem to get shotgun to launch in this build. The integration seems setup to be able to bootstrap the shotgun engine via an init_unreal.py file in the /Game/Content/Python directory I copied the code from the unreal shotgun plugin and made a file in this location but seems to be having an issue importing the bootstrap.py

LogPython: Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
LogPython: Error: File “/Content/Python/init_unreal.py”, line 23, in
LogPython: Error: import bootstrap
LogPython: Error: File “C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Shotgun\bundle_cache\github\ue4plugins\tk-unreal\v1.0.1\plugins\basic\bootstrap.py”, line 14, in
LogPython: Error: plugin_bootstrap.bootstrap_plugin(plugin_root_dir)
LogPython: Error: File “C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Shotgun\bundle_cache\github\ue4plugins\tk-unreal\v1.0.1\plugins\basic\python\tk_unreal_basic\plugin_bootstrap.py”, line 48, in bootstrap_plugin
LogPython: Error: manager = _initialize_manager(plugin_root_path)
LogPython: Error: File “C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Shotgun\bundle_cache\github\ue4plugins\tk-unreal\v1.0.1\plugins\basic\python\tk_unreal_basic\plugin_bootstrap.py”, line 83, in _initialize_manager
LogPython: Error: from tank_vendor import yaml
LogPython: Error: ImportError: No module named tank_vendor

I’m just wondering if there is something that I’m missing in the setup of this or if there is any documentation that I can be pointed to that might help me get unreal going with this custom build.

Thank you,

3 Likes

Hey David,

It sounds like the custom build is missing some components (like tank_vendor). Where to locate and then import that into your custom build is, though, I’m not 100% sure. I’ll check with the Toolkit team and we’ll report back.

2 Likes

Hi David,

It sounds like you may need to clear your bundle cache to remove potentially corrupted .pyc files.

Where is your cache you say? : https://developer.shotgunsoftware.com/7c9867c0/

3 Likes

Hello,

I did end up getting this working it hasd to do with the location of the Build and the Shotgun plugin being complied in the engine

3 Likes