Rv_ocio_setup for rvio

Hi - I’m trying to use the same logic we have in our custom rv_ocio_setup.py, with our rvio setup, where we encode a movie from an rv session file that contains the image frames.

If I have rv_ocio_setup.py in the $PYTHONPATH or $RV_SUPPORT_PATH, should it get used in rvio instead of the native ocio_source_setup code, or is there something else I need to do for that to happen (or is it even possible)?

Thanks,
Alan

2 Likes

Hi Alan,

RVIO doesn’t run any user modes, so you’ll either need to build your RVIO in an interactive RV session or reproduce what is happening by building a session directly (potentialy with rvSession.py)

How are you generating your rv session files now, are you using rvSession and writing one directly or are you passing it through an RV session first?

-Kessler

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick response, Kessler! That makes more sense now - I didn’t realize that user modes in general are not run with rvio.

Currently we’re using rvSession to write out the ocio properties – I had just thought that since we had some good logic in our rv_ocio_setup.py, it could be worthwhile to use that with rvio as well. I guess we’ll just have to convert some of that logic to be used with our rvSession writing.
Thanks,
Alan

3 Likes

:cry: At least the upside is that both cases you are just modifying the graph, but we hear you on this.

If you can extract the graph modification into its own module, you might be able to use both from the same code.

Cheers,
-Kessler

2 Likes

Is there an easy way in rvSession, or from a cmdline script, to access the per-source data that rv would normally pass to the sourceSetup() method that’s bound to the ‘source-group-complete’ callback registered in the rv_ocio_setup module?

Can rvSession or other cmdline tools use the rv library functions to get internal file data from tiffs, etc?

If nothing else, I imagine shelling out to ffprobe to read in file data might work.

Thanks,
Alan

1 Like

check out rvls -x <mediaName>

1 Like

Ah, very useful - thanks!

2 Likes