Rendering text on dailies thumbnails in shotgun?

Hello,

I wanted to know of some way that exist can be used to set the text on the thumbnails of a daily displayed in daily thumbnails on version page?

I basically thinking to render he status of that particular version on the thumbnail image .

Thank you.

1 Like

Hey supercool,

When you upload media to Shotgun, we automatically generate a thumbnail for it. In the case of a movie file, the static thumbnail is usually a frame taken from the middle of the clip. If you want a different frame, you’d need to upload it to the thumbnail field directly, after the transcode had taken place (so it doesn’t get overwritten by the transcoder output).

Being able to specify which frame you want as the static thumbnail could be a handy feature. I’d recommend letting our product team know how you’d want something like that to work:

1 Like

I think you did not understood what I want. Sorry, I do not know if you are familiar ability of css or javascript to render text in an overlay image . So what I want instead of rendering my own movie file with a status ontop of it , I leave the exisitng mov but read the status and display in shotgun overlayed on top of an image. I want to speak to someone from shotgun webapp team before I put a feature request or I will just put it anyway :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ahh, I see what you mean. Sorry for misunderstanding! So this would be an overlay of the thumbnail image with data from other fields, correct? That’s currently not a feature we have, so submitting the request would be your best way forward.

1 Like

saves the time of rendering just by reading the status from disk and displaying ontop of a thumbnail. (y)

2 Likes