Possible to format assigned tasks wrt Work Schedule status

Hello,

One of our supers requested the ability to format rows according to if the artist is not scheduled to work that day. His approach would be to query that artist’s Work Schedule to set a Format Rule to hilight tasks which are assigned to workers that are not working.

Unfortunately I could not immediately find a way to do this out of the box, and we’re not currently set up to work with webhooks.

Is there a way to accomplish this, and if not, is there any other feature that would notify our supervisors when a task is assigned to an artist that is out of the office?

Hi Shawn!

I don’t think there is currently a way to use conditional formatting to do this, but I think the gantt chart could be a big help! When a work schedule is set, it’s reflected in the gantt chart. The gantt chart can be expanded on a tasking page that includes all the tasks for the show the supervisor is monitoring.

In the example below, the work schedule for the project is set to Monday-Thursday, so Friday-Sunday are all showing as greyed out. The task is set to start on a Monday and finish on the following Tuesday, with the Fri-Sat-Sun not counting towards the duration of the task. Task duration is 6 days across a 9 day period, since 3 of those days are off.

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 2.11.53 PM

In the next example, the work schedule for the project is set to Monday-Friday, but the work schedule for the user is Tuesday-Saturday. Since Saturdays and Sundays are non-work days on this project, they are greyed out (vertically). However since this user’s work schedule is Tuesday-Saturday, Sunday and Monday are greyed out for this user and Saturday is counting towards the duration (as seen in blue).

If someone is sick or out of office, it would simply be a matter of someone on the team updating that user’s work schedule to have an exception for that particular day. With the gantt chart expanded it should be easy for a supervisor to see if there are any conflicts with work schedules.

Hope this helps!

Thank you, Jessica. I will share this information with our supervisors.

1 Like