Import Reference & update with new version possible?

Hello. I am trying to update a referenced file that I created from the “Load” menu in Maya.

I am not so sure if it is even possible. In Ftrack there was an option for referenced file versions within the scene that could be swaped to a newer version, for example the Rig.
Is there a way to do the same with Shotgun?

3 Likes

Hi @vietato,

Moving this over to Pipeline Integrations category

Hi @vietato,

With toolkit running in Maya, you can load published files in to your scene and toolkit is aware if you have any newer versions of your referenced file that have been published using the tk-multi-scenebreakdown app, check out our doc about it here;

-David

5 Likes

Hello! thanks for the reply. I downloaded the toolkit you recommended. But I have some difficulties to “activate/install” it. I did try to read through all documentations regarding this topic but I still don’t get it.

Sorry I am a extreeme rookie.

1 Like

Hi @vietato,

No worries, we have some documentation about how to get started with toolkit on our developer site, I’d suggest starting here;

And get your config up and running. You will need to follow down the advanced project setup to be able to utilize the tk-multi-breakdown app, all the steps are in our dev docs.

-David

3 Likes

Thanks! I managed to set my first default configuration project based setup … will try to continue following all steps. Will shout out if I stuck somewhere. thx

3 Likes

… just wanted to update the situation. I finally got the TK -Scene Breakdown running “properly”. and I also managed to get a better understanding of how to activate certain TK via the Tank push command in the CMD. although I am not so sure if this is the best & only way to activate TK’s. :smiley:

but thank you for this hint (I wasn’t aware of the complexity with all the TKs and custom configurations) :blush:

Now I need to figure out how referencing and replacing actually works with the TK Scene Breakdown… but that’s another topic. :smiley:
Well I am trying to read more and try to understand more about the “backend” of Shotgun. Here my last question. there are some youtube links, that can’t be viewed because of “privacy setting”. how can I get to view those within the Support documentation?

1 Like

Hey @vietato—could you drop the link(s) to the areas of the docs you’re seeing that? Thanks!

1 Like

Hello. I think so far its in all the Integration Component topics that doesn’t show the youtube videos. But I am not sure. cause I think I remembered that there was some other sites with the same issue.

1 Like

Thanks! We’ll look into this and report back. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @vietato, sorry about the broken youtube video, that was a glitch on our side that I’ve since fixed. The video is now back online. Thanks for reporting the issue!

3 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes