Hi!I want create something plug-in in Rv,But i don t know where to start!

I don’t know if this kind of question meets the community norms, because my English is not very good. Like the title, I want to learn how to develop a plug-in for this software to help optimize my company’s workflow. But currently I have encountered a problem and don’t know how to start production. Because of this software I did not find an intuitive python console. Hope someone can guide me, thank.

2 Likes

Hey Raionnyan,

if by plug-in you mean the standard packages, RV comes with some testing packages, that you can modify.
For examle the Python Example Mode and also the three below in the image.

If you want to test them safely, copy the package into the path:
USERPROFILE\AppData\Roaming\RV\Packages (in windows you can enter %appdata% in the file-explorer and it will take you automatically into USERPROFILE\AppData\Roaming)
You can also rename it.

Then your package will show up in the list of the picture above and you can install and load it.

The python file (or files, depending on the package) will be copied into
USERPROFILE\AppData\Roaming\RV\Python, where you can edit them without changing the package itself. You could also just copy the python file, if you want to change an existing package. All the changes will only be for your user.

C:\Program Files\Tweak\RV\plugins\Python
here are all the python files saved into, that come with rv. If you need ideas on what to code, you can check them out too.

Hope that helps.
Cheers, Henna.

2 Likes

This is also a good thread on how to write your first package for RV:

4 Likes

THANK! Like you answer, i find Python Example mode and pyside mode and read this , then i create some python file replace . I hope is working. Thank :slight_smile:

if you have time , maybe i have a problem.
Snipaste_2020-11-03_15-07-24

If you are willing to help me solve the problem, I hope it won’t take much of your time

THANK YOU! this page It helps me a lot And maybe let me know how to make plug-ins for him.But these are not enough for me, so I will continue to search relevant knowledge, thank you again :slight_smile:

Sorry,I seem to understand the problem,Suddenly found that the document is very detailed:)

1 Like

Okay, but just in case:

Add

def createMode():
    return pysidetest() # CLASSNAME

to the bottom of your file. Then your module will be recognised.

1 Like

I will certainly pay attention to this!Thank! :wink:

@Raionnyan

When I worked at Shotgun/RV, @alexaz and I produced a series on this forum that shows off various aspects of writing plugins for RV.

You can find them by searching for the tag here:
https://community.shotgridsoftware.com/search?q=tags%3Arv-plugin

1 Like

Wow , It s very helpful to me, THANK YOU! :smile:

2 Likes