FPTR Desktop 1.9.1 and Rocky 9.4

Hi everyone!

I currently try to use FPTR Desktop 1.9.1 on Rocky 9.4 and I have trouble getting the desktop server to work. The application itself runs fine, but I can see in the logs that the desktop server is running into this error:

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'OpenSSL' 

This in turn means that I do not get the right click menu in the FPTR browser session.

I have all necessary system libraries installed (as mentioned in this thread) and I searched through the folder structure of FPTR Desktop and cannot find OpenSSL anywhere (which makes sense). So the question is: Is this a known issue? Is there anything I can do to make it work? Or do I need to accept that FPTR Desktop is not ready for Rocky 9 yet?

Cheers
Fabian

It appears to be working for me after installing compat-openssl11 after installing that does it still not work for you?

1 Like

Hi @Ahuge !

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately that does not help in my case. I have all the system libraries installed, but it is the “OpenSSL” python module that is missing from the FPTR Desktop installation.
A workaround I found is:

1. Install python 3.10
  2. Pip install “pyOpenSSL” to it
  3. Copy the “OpenSSL” folder from that installation to the FPTR Desktop python site-packages folder.

This feels incredibly hacky though. I think I need to raise a support ticket.

Thats very interesting @Fabian

In my installation it appears to have OpenSSL.

Are you downloading from the new “Flow” download link?
https://sg-software.ems.autodesk.com/deploy/desktop/flow_production_tracking-current-1.x86_64.rpm

That is interesting indeed! Will check that out first thing tomorrow morning!

Thanks for letting me know!

I found the issue. It is a mean combination of things we have here. We have taken over the site config which had an old version (v1.5.3) of the tk-framework-desktopserver listed in the frameworks.yml. This version does not include the required python packages for Python 3.10 which PTR Desktop 1.9.1 is using. Updating tk-framework-desktopserver to v1.7.0 has solved the issue.
Thanks again @Ahuge !

2 Likes