Bluejeans screen sharing black screen

When running Shotgun Create and then sharing my screen through the video chat program bluejeans, the shared screen goes totally black. I believe this is a bug. I’m only testing Shotgun Create lately and I don’t have much reference to this happening.

Thanks,

Mark Thielen

3 Likes

Hi @mdthielen.

What were you doing in Shotgun Create while sharing the screen? Did everything looked fine on your side of the session?

Thanks,
Kerby

1 Like

I had a image file open in the review. Everything looked fine before I clicked on the bluejeans share screen button. Then the shared screen went black.

1 Like

By saying “Then the shared screen went black.”, do you mean that…

• Everything in your monitor went black?
  • The Shotgun Create window from your monitor went black?
  • The Shotgun Create player from your monitor went black?
  • The peer at the other end of the video chat received a black video stream?
  • The peer at the other end of the video chat received everything correctly except the Shotgun Create window went black?
  • The peer at the other end of the video chat received everything correctly except the Shotgun Create player went?

I have 2 monitors. The monitor I clicked to share was completely black and the other monitor was normal. The Sg create window was on top of other windows on the shared monitor. I couldn’t see anything but black.

The peer side saw that there was a thin rectangular box at the very top of the screen, about 4” wide and maybe a 1/4” high. Very small. The rest of the screen was black.

Cheers,

Mark

1 Like

Is this happening on Windows, macOS or Linux?
What is the version of the operating system? Have you ever seen something similar using RV?
What is your GPU model?

1 Like

This is on windows 7. I’ve never seen this behavior on RV with bluejeans. I tested again today and can only see the bluejeans controls for sharing and black within.

Also I noticed since I did the screen share with Sg create, I cannot screen share anything else. I get black screens. I even shut down Sg create , Sg desktop, and rv with no fix. I will need to try a reboot.

1 Like

Hi Mark,

First, we are really sorry for the trouble caused by the problem. We now have a ticket open in our backlog about this issue so we can reserve some time to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks,
Kerby

2 Likes