Black frames in quicktime when publishing from Nuke

Hi!

When Publishing from Nuke, the quicktime that is generated by tk-multi-reviewsubmission from the published EXRs has random black frames.

Any Idea what this could be?
I’m on centos 7 using Nuke 10.5
codec_settings hook: using mov64_code = “jpeg”

4 Likes

D’oh! This was a known regression in the tk-multi-reviewsubmission app, but a fix was released yesterday. Be sure you’re on v1.0.2 of the app and you should be good to go.

If not, please let us know and we’ll dig deeper. Sorry for that!

6 Likes

Hi! Thanks a lot for the info.

I updated all apps, engines etc. to the latest version, running v1.0.2 of the reviewsubmission.

But was still happening : (
In one machine in particular was worst than the others QuickTime were almost entirely black.

So I start troubleshooting with that one, and deleting the entire preferences10.5.nk from nuke solved the issue : )

Can I know the history of this bug? So I can pin point the exact preference that is causing this? I believe it is related to the auto-localize but I could be wrong.

Thanks a lot in advance!

1 Like

Here’s the pull request for the fix:

You can see in the conversation that Kerby (geffrak) links to the point where the bug was introduced. Hopefully that gives you the info you need? If not, let us know if we can help you out.

2 Likes

Hi there,

Wish you all the best for the new year.

I’m not sure if the same problem occurs here, but I get black review videos when I publish a nuke script with two or more write nodes. The first one is always correct, but the others are all black.

reviezsub,ission

Centos 7
Nuke 12.2v3
tk-multi-reviewsubmission v1.1.1

Any help would be really appreciated.
Bests,
Mo.

This was related to the read nodes not being loaded correctly at the creation step, so a simple reload in the render_media hook fixed the problem.

read.knob("reload").execute()
2 Likes