Obviously, the behaviour you describe is definitely not desired.
You mention using both the Web app from a browser, and ShotGrid desktop. I’d suggest we focus on the Web app first, on your main computer.
A few questions:
- Is a network proxy involved ?
- Is your site setup to only use Autodesk Identity, or is it still using the dual-mode ? (1 or 2
Sign In buttons when you visit your site URL in a private window ?)
- Do you have your company SSO tied to Autodesk Identity ?
- Which browser do you use ?
- Is your browser profile configured to accept cookies for all domains ?
- What is the frequency at which you are prompted for your credentials ? (can you note the time when you first log in, and at what time the next authentication request occurs ?)
- About your use of ShotGrid, do you often sign out of ShotGrid ? (There are 2 ways to sign out from the user menu: one to sign out of both Autodesk Identity, another that just terminates your current ShotGrid session but does not log you out of Autodesk Identity)
- Can you provide more details that may prove useful ? (knowing what is your site URL would help, but I can understand not wanting to post that in a public forum)
One potential thing to try : use a new Chrome profile for your ShotGrid sessions. This new profile will not inherit settings from your main profile, and isolate the tests.