The frequency at which we have to log into Autodesk Identity is a becoming a real hassle. I’m not sure if this is an issue with the way the credentials are stored on local machines, but…it happens A LOT. In my own experience, I’ve been reviewing media on our site while in a meeting, and been kicked out - mid playback. Nearly every time I start the ShotGrid desktop app I have to use 2FA. If I change browser tabs sometimes that seems to trigger a full 2FA. It’s becoming very frustrating for a lot of people on my team.
Maybe we’re missing some critical information. Is there anything we can do?
Obviously, the behaviour you describe is definitely not desired.
You mention using both the Web app from a browser, and ShotGrid desktop. I’d suggest we focus on the Web app first, on your main computer.
A few questions:
- Is a network proxy involved ?
- Is your site setup to only use Autodesk Identity, or is it still using the dual-mode ? (1 or 2
Sign In buttons when you visit your site URL in a private window ?)
- Do you have your company SSO tied to Autodesk Identity ?
- Which browser do you use ?
- Is your browser profile configured to accept cookies for all domains ?
- What is the frequency at which you are prompted for your credentials ? (can you note the time when you first log in, and at what time the next authentication request occurs ?)
- About your use of ShotGrid, do you often sign out of ShotGrid ? (There are 2 ways to sign out from the user menu: one to sign out of both Autodesk Identity, another that just terminates your current ShotGrid session but does not log you out of Autodesk Identity)
- Can you provide more details that may prove useful ? (knowing what is your site URL would help, but I can understand not wanting to post that in a public forum)
One potential thing to try : use a new Chrome profile for your ShotGrid sessions. This new profile will not inherit settings from your main profile, and isolate the tests.