Adoption challenges

Simplicity has been our largest hurdle. Most people are coming from tracking methods that are more simplified/less interconnected. While Shotgun is great, it can seem very daunting to wrap your head around when you are first onboarding someone.

Things that I would love to see, in order to help with this:

1. Alternate/customizable “My Tasks” UI. We have to make alternate My Tasks pages for almost everyone. None of our users like the default “My Tasks” page unfortunately. Shotgun Create is a step in the right direction but would be great to support preferences in the web interface.
  2. Drag and drop - it would help A LOT if there was a drag/drop functionality for artists’ tasks. Especially when moving people from JIRA/Trello/ and other forms of Kanban. The simplicity of that method has been very difficult to reproduce.
  3. Training curriculum - there’s a maze of videos and tutorials that you can seek out for yourself, but it would be great to have a couple curriculum tailored to Artists, Production, Supervisors. We have been compiling these ourselves of course but you never know if you’re missing the latest best practices.
14 Likes