Accidentally added duplicates of task

Hi,
There are duplicates of compositing task generated in my shotgun. I have no clue how did that happen. Is there any way I can remove duplicates at once? I have tried selecting multiple and deleting but that doesn’t help. Kindly guide. I am attaching an image.

Thanks,
Vrisshti Singh

3 Likes

Hi @Vrisshti_Singh!

It looks like you’re on a Shots or Asset page. If you first navigate to a Task page, then filter down to the Tasks you want to remove, highlight them, right-click and choose “Send selected Tasks to Trash.” Let me know how that works for you.

3 Likes

Hi,
Thanks. I have made a filter that shows the shots having task of comping. This is how it looks now.

How to highlight the duplicates?
Do I have to manually delete them?

2 Likes

Hi @Vrisshti_Singh,

You have to manually multi-select (check the little box to select, and press command(on Mac) to multi-select) one Comping task from each shot and Send selected Tasks to Trash.

And to investigate how these tasks are duplicated, you could g to Event Log Entries entity and see if the event logs give you any clue.

Cheers,
Ben

2 Likes

Hi Ben,
Thanks. I am following this. It was helpful. :slight_smile:
But I feel if there had been any filter that showed the shots with multiple comping tasks and with status YTS and an option to delete in bulk it would have been more helpful. As beginners tend to do such mistakes. Thanks anyways :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Vrisshti

1 Like

Hi Brandon,
I got it thanks :slight_smile:

Vrisshti

2 Likes

Also could you tell me what went wrong and such duplicates were made. I want to be careful next time.

1 Like

Hi @Vrisshti_Singh,

To figure out what was going on, we need to hop over your site and dive into the event log. Could you please Direct Message me your Shotgun site?

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks but I deleted all the duplicates now. But you know what ! Entire day I deleted the duplicates from the task page. I took a break and opened the shots page to update status. I came across an unwanted task and accidently deleted the shots! Reason- I got so much used to ‘Right Click > Send Selected Task to Trash’ at the bottom that I did the same by right clicking on Task in the shots page. Result was I deleted the shots. I should have clicked on Delete Task which is right on the top. But soon I realised my mistake and retrieved them. Got saved :sweat_smile:

2 Likes