Tk-multi-bugreporter and qtwidgets

In 2018 @Jeff_Beeland and in 2019 @manneohrstrom did a Siggraph presentation on the tk-multi-bugreporter App. I am working with that App as a starting point, and ran into a few questions on expanding the functionality using qtwidgets. I would like to add two widgets and was wondering if there were any examples on doing so?

In SG the Ticket Type is a list of selectable values.
Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 8.49.06 AM
Are there any widgets that would be setup to tie into this SG property or would I have to create it from scratch? Also, I would like to add the ability to attach a file to the Ticket. Are there any examples of how to add these two widgets to a Toolkit App?

3 Likes

Hi @mharris,

There is a status list widget. Hope it is useful for you.

Cheers

Loney

4 Likes

Thanks, I got the syntax worked out and the type list is showing up in the UI.

Any ideas on adding a file chooser to the UI for uploading attachments?

3 Likes

OK, so I got the Type field working in the UI. However, there is one issue that I am curious on. When you launch the UI, there is no visual representation of the fields for “Work Order”, “CC”, or “Type”.

Nothing is obvious until you hover your mouse to the right of the label and then a little blue pencil appears:

You then have to click the pencil to edit the value before any field will show up:

Is this behavior intentional? Is there a way to get something other than a blank area where you have to know to hover before seeing a pencil? It does not seem to be a very self explanatory user experience.

3 Likes

Hi @mharris,

I think it is the expected behavior. Your suggestion is reasonable. Do you mind submit an idea here? Our developer can read your mind.

Thanks

Loney

4 Likes