SSO authentication through sgitgun_api3

Hi guys, we use Flow on all projects and have the standard set up with a config folder for each project, containing ToolKit etc.

I’m wondering if we might be able to transition completely away from this setup. We only use toolkit/tank for authentication (via the browser, SSO), and for creating folders on disc. Our folder structure, file naming etc. never changes though and we could easily manage this stuff ourselves. We don’t use any of the Flow publishing or DCC integrations etc.

So I want to try to see if we can get everything we need, just using shotgun_api3. The main stumbling block is authentication. We can use shotgun_api3 to authenticate if the user manually enters their credentials. But I’d prefer to keep using the web based SSO stuff really, which I think is inside Toolkit only.

Does anyone know of any precedent for tackling this, or have any advice?

Thanks!

Hey Tom, you can look in 012 sign in as a person: Flow PT REST recipe

or it’s also implemented in https://sg-notes.vercel.app/ (GitHub - ksallee/sg-notes · GitHub) if you’re interested.