Shotgun 3D Model viewer in web browser

I tried to integrate SHOTGUN with my company’s original WebGL viewer.
You can view the model data by calling the WebGL viewer from the right-click menu of the assets registered in SHOTGUN. This is a trial version, so I can’t use it in practice yet, but if there are a lot of people who want to use it, I’ll release it on OSS :slight_smile:
I had Autodesk take a look at it the other day and they were interested in it.

I’d love to hear your thoughts and opinions!

Thanks
Tetsuya

11 Likes

Wow, @Tetsuya_Nozawa — this is really awesome! I know there are many out there that may be interested in this. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. This WebGL viewer shows the models in glTF format and also supports glTF2.0, so it can also show PBR. It also supports Draco for high resolution polygon meshes and point clouds at high speed :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s amazing. :open_mouth: I would definitely be interested in using it.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

If you go to the following URL, you can actually experience it with a web browser, so check it out! :smirk:

4 Likes

This is a great start. Have a few questions. It looks like your using an action menu to open up the viewer. Does your service that runs the action have access to your storage or are you uploading your resources to SG?

1 Like

Hi. Michael.

Thank you for your interest. To tell you the truth, I don’t use Shotgun for my data, I use Google’s Firebase. The reason being, Shotgun couldn’t take the physical location of the uploaded file, maybe from a security standpoint.

1 Like

wow .super

1 Like