Permission Group problem

HI, I make a mistake. I change my Permission group “Admin” to “Manager” (how It is possible ?). Can I reset my people permission, my project ? This is not a product project, juste to learn. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @jacques74,

Thank you for writing in and sorry to hear you’re hitting some issues.
To be able to take a look at your permissions I would recommend popping a ticket in to our Support team along with the URL of your site and explanation of the trouble so we could take a look.

Cheers,
Linda

1 Like

Thank you Linda,

I did as you advise me, I hope to have a solution. It’s amazing to be able to self-degrade from Admin to Manager, while I am the creator of the project and owner of the account. I thought there was SuperAdmin type security.
The problem is that the password renewal on the Admin account does not work.

to be continued
best regards

1 Like

Hi @jacques74

I hope that your issue got solved.
Unfortunately there is no SuperAdmin type permission group and for these kind of issues it is always best to reach out to our Support team who is happy to help out.

Cheers,
Linda

Hi Lynda

thank you for following. Matt Welker put me back in Admin. I will be more careful in the future. I created a second security Admin account. I understand that an Admin can be demoted to Manager (although this does not bode well for the project …) But that the creator of the project can apply it is destabilizing. Without knowing yet the management of roles in ShotGun, it involves taking the whole team down one level.

Thank you again for your kindness.

Best regards

Jacques

1 Like

Hi @jacques74,

Thank you for getting back to us and I am glad that it solved.
And true the permissions and different roles can get quite confusing sometimes.

I added here also our recent videos about Permissions from our Admin Series to explain it all even better:

*Introduction to Permission Roles - YouTube
*Permission Roles - Deeper Dive - YouTube

Cheers,
Linda