šŸ‘‰ Interested in showcasing your workflow and pages you've built that you can't live without?

Iā€™d love to hear from you! Drop in a reply, and letā€™s discuss :grinning:

4 Likes

Created #page-layouts tag for tracking this type of submission. :slight_smile:

Weā€™d love to do that :slight_smile: What would be a good way to show it - you guys might be able to hook up some demo project?

3 Likes

Hey Hristo! Weā€™ve brainstormed about cool ways to do this with actual Shotgun page layout data, but donā€™t have anything in place for that yet. For now, I think itā€™s just (sanitized) screenshots or animated gifs, and text descriptions.

But donā€™t let me hold back anyoneā€™s creativity. If you are inspired to communicate this through interpretive dance, then by all means do!

6 Likes

Maybe it would be good to have some real project data? If we could sanitize and send some csv exports?

1 Like

I do appreciate the intepretative dance though! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool idea for the future!

For now Iā€™d suggest just talking about it, images, and videos uploaded here. Of course, donā€™t post anything if it contains sensitive data.

1 Like

@Hristo_Velev - letā€™s discuss! Iā€™m super interested in learning about a layout (or more) that youā€™re interested in sharing. If there is sensitive data we canā€™t get around, would you be interested in recreating the page on a site we (Shotgun) can provide with demo data?

1 Like

When we create new projects we template it from existing one, I guess a similar thing can happen in a showcase site, if thereā€™s a way to get our layout data across?

@Hristo_Velev, good point! In this case, it may actually be easier to screenshot/record from your site using a demo or dummy project with some dummy data. There isnā€™t a way to copy a layout from one site to another, so let me know whatā€™s easiest for you. But here are some options:

a) Demo Site with content and data you can use to rebuild your page: we can use this site to demo a page and workflow in this kind of situation. The site has a more standard schema with Assets and Shots. In fact, this is the data we use in the Producer Series, and I would supply you with a login. The idea here would be that you login and re-build the page layout within this Project, and demo with this data that we provide.

b) Use one of the ā€œdemoā€ projects supplied on your site. Depending on when you signed up, this may be ā€œDemo: Animation with Cutsā€, ā€œDemo: Animationā€, and/or ā€œDemo: Gameā€. You should be able to change the project configuration on those, but I havenā€™t specifically tried this on a demo project so just let me know if you run into any issues.

c) Create a dummy project with dummy data on your current site so that you can demo a more complex layout thatā€™s more challenging to rebuild. In this case, youā€™ll just want to make sure that you are only showing sanitized data from this dummy project specifically, and removing any sensitive URLs, etc from the screen capture.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Creating ways for people to share shotgun layouts with the community

Ok, applying the layout on the demo projects sounds promising, Iā€™ll try that out

3 Likes