FEATURE ANNOUNCE: Input Validation for Entity Name Fields

Thanks Warren

Happy New Year @donat , and everyone else using Input Validation -

I wanted to let you know the ShotGrid team recently released an update that now allows you to utilize Input Validation with template Projects. You can check out the release notes here, which has videos that go through the workflow and a link to the documentation.

I hope this helps you and your teams get more value from the Input Validation workflow in ShotGrid. Iā€™d love to hear any feedback you have of your experience with this new capability.

Please let us know if you come across any issues or if thereā€™s anything more we can do to help.

Warren

3 Likes

Thanks for the information @warren.trezevant and good year to you too. Iā€™ll check this new feature

Hi @warren.trezevant

Small glitch related to input validation :

Iā€™m using input validation on shot entities, on the shot code (in my case to prevent users to use spaces and underscores in shot names)

Today I needed to duplicate an existing shot and tried to do that by right-clicking the shot and selecting the ā€˜duplicateā€™ option. I got an error : could not duplicate the shot. The error log mentions input validation. I guess that this problem comes from the fact that duplicating a shot would create a shot with the name of the original shot plus some kind of suffix separated by whitespace. I suppose you could fix that for the future

Regards

2 Likes

Any chance we could use validation to ensure values come from a specified list? For example, for task creation should validate for only certain pre-approved names ā€œmodelā€, ā€œtextureā€, ā€œlayoutā€, ā€œanimationā€ etc.

I know I can add this validation on my end with pre or post creation checks, independent of the SG validation tool, but that wouldnā€™t apply to the SG batch import tool, so Iā€™d have to take that over too, which would be a shame.

Thanks

1 Like