Event not generated when Time log record is added

Good day community!
Long time reader, first time poster! Thank you for all the amazing content that you are sharing. It made it possible to get to where I am today.

I am working on automating some of our workflow at the studio and looking into Webhooks.
I noticed a strange behavior when defining a new webhook and configuring the events.
In Webhook configuration, I selected issue type Task and configured as in screenshot:

Both sg_status_list and task_assignees are working as expected,
However adding new time log for time_log_sum - does not trigger any events.
if I navigate to time-logs section and remove the entry - the event is triggered as expected.

So it feels like a bug in the Shotgrid-web, was wondering if this is a known issue and if there is a workaround for it?

I thought about adding a new Entity-trigger,

Then retrieving Project and task that are associated with that and performing required mutations with the value of Duration, this approach does not feel natural and seems like a lot of added overhead of retrieving and linking things just to get to the task/project that is associated with that time log entry.

Appreciate the support!
Thank you,

1 Like

Hey @stas.poritskiy welcome to the forum! At first glance this feels like a bug. Can you submit a support ticket please and one of the team will help you out.

Hey Community,
Just quick update regarding this support, in case someone else runs into the similar issues:
I was proposed a workaround to look for a Time Log event
And handle that instead of the original Task update i had in mind.

1 Like