Custom tk-core deployment

Hello,

I’ve been making modifications to tk-core, and distributing them through Shotgun via the shotgun descriptor and a custom bundles entity (which all works great!).

I’m just wondering what packaging tools you use to make use of the .tkdeploy file (which seems to list the content that shouldn’t be distributed, except for a few other config files like .flake8 or .coveragerc). Currently I’ve just been manually modifying the info.yml to include version information, then zipping up all but the excluded content. Is there a way we can take advantage of the same build pipeline you are using to avoid human error?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @bohdon Welcome to the forums, sorry this one seems to have slipped through the net.

I’m not actually sure what tools we use for packaging so I flag this to be discussed with the team and someone will get back to you.

2 Likes

Hi!

The .tkdeploy file is used on our internal release process to the AppStore. When building the zip file we upload to the AppStore, we walk through the repository and return a relative path for each file.

For each of these files, we run the regular expressions in the .tkdeploy file. If there is a match, the file is not added to the zip. That’s all there is to it. Unfortunately, that code can’t be shared at the moment. It’s pretty simply to write however.

As for the core version, you’re doing the right thing. We simply put the core version inside info.yml. It’s as simple as that.

I’d love at some point to refactor some of that code, so we can share it via tk-toolchain, but it’s not in the cards right now.

JF

3 Likes