Change Icon for Custom Entity?

We’re using Shotgun to track some things for which I’m creating custom entities, and I realized too late (after I’d built a bunch of stuff), that the two Custom Entities I chose have icons that are WAY too similar in color to be easily distinguished, and if the item name is similar, it’s going to get confusing fast. Is there any way to change the icons on those custom entities?

6 Likes

Seconded!
This would be really useful!

1 Like

Thirded! :grimacing:

2 Likes

Hi Folks,

Thanks for reporting this and for requesting this. I’m really sorry to say that unfortunately there is currently no way to change the icon of a custom entity after its creation. If the entities don’t have too much data in them yet you may want to utilise the .csv exporter to export the data, and then re-import it into the new entity

I’m totally with you though that theres a great case for being to change these icons on the fly. I’ll put in a feature request for this. For future feature requests, you can submit them directly into the public roadmap where your request goes directly to our product team, who will review your request and determine the next steps.

Apologies we don’t have a better solution in the meantime.

Cheers,
Andrew

2 Likes

Can anyone be bribed to change the icon? I can offer up cute animal pictures and/or edible delicacies only available in the South, like Sister Shubert’s sausage rolls or boiled custard, which I am willing to ship anywhere in the world rather than having to rebuild these stupid things because I picked colors poorly. :sob:

3 Likes

Hey @andrew.lawrence your reply here seems to suggest that there is a way to pick the icon before the Entity is created, is that still the case?

This USED to be true, that you could select an icon, sort of. Back when I originally posted, all the Custom Entities were listed out in the Entity section, and you could see the icon that would be associated with the number you chose. However, NOW, you see something like this, where it just shows you what the next number available is and how many custom options you have left. The only way that I’m aware of to see the full list is to create fake custom entities until you find an icon you like, and then just don’t use the ones you don’t want. You could conceivably just rename/reuse the ones you don’t want to use when you do have a need for them. Hope that helps.

Ahhh well that’s a shame for sure :confused:

I’m using a custom entity for Deliveries because I prefer the standard project entity over the Ticket style for that type of thing. So I was just looking for a way to change the entity icon to one like a Delivery.

Thanks for the info though, hopefully the ticket Andrew put in will come to fruition soon

1 Like

You may want to go back to the Delivery Entity and add a page tab?
Then you can design it to be whatever you like and make that teh default?