Shotgun Event Daemon - Multiple Services at Once (Windows)

Hey all!

Is there any documentation or attempts at running two instances of the Shotgun Event Daemon? I’d like to separate some plugin collections based on their processing weight.

As far as I understand usually most will just allocate the task to another farm or queue if its a heavyweight. However, from an organization standpoint it would be nice to be able to have several daemon instances running on one host (using windows) to group plugins that can run together with ease.

Any input or ideas would be wildly appreciated!

Hey @victorfranjo,

I believe this is a very typical thing to separate the plugins based on what the do and how process heavy they are.

We have multiple VMs for Event Daemon and we just copy the specific plugins to the plugin directory that Event Daemon is looking for.

Something like this:

VM 01
    |_ plugins
             |_ plugin_01.py
             |_ plugin_02.py
             |_ plugin_03.py
             |_ plugin_04.py

VM 02
    |_ plugins
             |_ plugin_05.py

VM 03
    |_ plugins
             |_ plugin_06.py
             |_ plugin_07.py

Honestly, not sure if this anything completed and needs more explaining, but let us know if you’d like me to expand on it or if I misunderstood your question.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

Thanks for the response!

This is our current solution as well, but ideally I’d like to have multiple daemon services on one VM/host rather than creating multiple VMs/hosts.

We’ve just duplicated the whole Event Daemon hierarchy into separate folders and configured them separately. Seems to work fine.

1 Like

I’ll give it a shot! Thanks!