Refresh version pages after publish

Hi all,

is itpossible to force Shotgun to refresh version pages after creating a new version via the api?

Cheers,
frank

2 Likes

Hi @frank

Hope you are well! I had this exact same question when I was working in Editorial, where we had a versions page for dailies that we wanted to refresh when versions come in.

Sadly, there isn’t a way to programatically force a Shotgun page to refresh it’s data, however the workaround we landed on was to use a browser extensions that force refreshes a tab based on a time interval

For example, heres one for Chrome, but im sure theres more that exist for other browsers

Apologies that isn’t the ideal solution, but hope that helps you out in the meantime.

If you have any further questions don’t hesitate to give us a shout.

Cheers,
Andrew

2 Likes

Thanks @andrew.lawrence for the instant reply.
I noticed the other day that status updates triggered via Shotgun events do refresh on an open page without the need for refreshing, so hI had hoped the same would be true in this use case.
Oh well, it was nice-to-have anyway. I will cehck out the browser extension for sure, thanks for that!

frank

1 Like

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the update, you are absolutely right that with Shotgun events, when you update a status field for example, you will see the green flash on the status field as soon as it has been updated, but sadly this doesn’t apply for full refreshes of all the records on that page.

Let me know if the browser extensions work you for and please feel free to add this as a suggestion to our public roadmap.

You can view our [public roadmap here] (https://shotgunsoftware.com/roadmap).

Cheers,
Andrew

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation Andrew,
I did try the browser extension but it drove me nuts refreshing while I was editing a page, so have deactivated it for now. Great to be aware of it though, I’m sure it will come in handy.
I have also logged a suggestion on the roadmap page.

Cheers,
frank

1 Like