Problem with copying file by publish_file.py

HI, I have strange problem with one of our users, she cannot publish files because of error:

"Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Shotgun\bundle_cache\app_store\tk-multi-publish2\v2.6.0\python\tk_multi_publish2\api\plugins\publish_plugin_instance.py”, line 308, in _handle_plugin_error
yield
File “C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Shotgun\bundle_cache\app_store\tk-multi-publish2\v2.6.0\python\tk_multi_publish2\api\plugins\publish_plugin_instance.py”, line 204, in run_publish
self._hook_instance.publish(settings, item)
File “C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Shotgun\bundle_cache\app_store\tk-maya\v0.11.1\hooks\tk-multi-publish2\basic\publish_session.py”, line 333, in publish
super(MayaSessionPublishPlugin, self).publish(settings, item)
File “C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Shotgun\bundle_cache\app_store\tk-multi-publish2\v2.6.0\hooks\publish_file.py”, line 389, in publish
self._copy_work_to_publish(settings, item)
File “C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Shotgun\bundle_cache\app_store\tk-multi-publish2\v2.6.0\hooks\publish_file.py”, line 834, in _copy_work_to_publish
% (work_file, publish_file, traceback.format_exc())
Exception: Failed to copy work file from ‘X:\0000_000_ProjectName\assets\prop\smokeBike\model\work\smokeBike_main_Mdl_v013.mb’ to ‘X:\0000_000_ProjectName\assets\prop\smokeBike\model\publish\smokeBike_main_Mdl_v013.mb’.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Shotgun\bundle_cache\app_store\tk-multi-publish2\v2.6.0\hooks\publish_file.py”, line 830, in _copy_work_to_publish
copy_file(work_file, publish_file)
File “C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Shotgun\domain_name\p5353c4446.basic.desktop\cfg\install\core\python\tank\util\filesystem.py”, line 76, in wrapper
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File “C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Shotgun\domain_name\p5353c4446.basic.desktop\cfg\install\core\python\tank\util\filesystem.py”, line 182, in copy_file
shutil.copyfileobj(windows_src, windows_dst, length=16 * 1024 * 1024)
File “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2018\bin\python27.zip\shutil.py”, line 49, in copyfileobj
buf = fsrc.read(length)
IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
"

She have same configurtation like rest of team, only difference is that she have very slow internet, can it cause problem like this? Or should i look somwhere else? She work remotly, connecting our storage via VPN, but like i said rest of team have same configuration and it’s work fine.

Best
Tomek

I would definitely look into the direction of having slow VPN, maybe she experiences packet loss?

1 Like