Distributed Config and Render Farm Setup

I am able to run it fine from the desktop app

the error in the log files is

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/dfulton/private/.shotgun/flightschool/p94.basic./cfg/install/core/python/tank/util/loader.py”, line 55, in load_plugin
module = imp.load_source(module_uid, plugin_file)
File “/home/dfulton/private/.shotgun/bundle_cache/app_store/tk-maya/v0.9.7/engine.py”, line 23, in
import maya.OpenMaya as OpenMaya
ImportError: No module named maya.OpenMaya
2019-10-24 16:12:50,576 [32683 INFO sgtk.core.bootstrap.manager] Progress Report (0%): Resolving project…
2019-10-24 16:12:50,581 [32683 INFO sgtk.core.bootstrap.manager] Progress Report (10%): Resolving configuration…

In Maya’s script editor it give me an error when importing the sgtk so it seems to fail out on loading the shotgun panel

When comparing the environment file the desktop app grabs all our environment files and the tk-shell on does not .

pretty much just running this starts Maya but does not give any of the environment files or access to shotgun

import sgtk

sa = sgtk.authentication.ShotgunAuthenticator()
user = sa.get_user()

sgtk.set_authenticated_user(user)

project = {“type” : “Project” , “id” : 94}
mgr = sgtk.bootstrap.ToolkitManager(sg_user=user)
mgr.plugin_id = “basic.”

mgr.base_configuration = “sgtk:descriptor:dev?linux_path=/local/dfulton/code/fs_shotgun”

engine = mgr.bootstrap_engine(“tk-shell”, entity=project)

engine.execute_command(‘maya_2018’,)

I’ve also tried replacing mgr.base_configuration with "sgtk:descriptor:app_store?name=tk-config-basic" and mgr.pipeline_configuration as Primary and my sandbox to the same result. the only way that I can seem get this to work is to place the arguments path on the software entity of the Software page which does not really allow for flex ability.

Also we have written a hook for before_app_launch.py to get our environment paths which just seems to be ignored when launching from the tk-shell

1 Like