I’m at a complete dead-end in trying to isolate the cause of the PipelineTools UI hanging on some machines and not others. Here’s a quick rundown of the issue:
- launch Nuke via SGTK UI.
- Open PipelineTools UI, submit to Deadline. No issues.
- Same steps as above, however two people can no longer open the PipelineTools UI.
- Opening the UI hangs Nuke, and the UI never fully populates; we just see a window filled with black.
Important note; no SG related code was changed. No software on the machines was changed. No infrastructure was changed.
The only thing we can theorise; both machines were rebooted.
Outside of the SGTK launch environment, it works fine.
Here’s what I’ve tried to fix or at least isolate the issue further (we use Linux);
- Delete Deadline settings within ~/Thinkbox/Deadline10/settings
- Delete Shotgun settings within ~/.shotgun
- Run a clean Nuke environment, with only enough loaded to configure the SG environment and the Deadline submitter.
I can only assume this is machine specific, which suggests settings of some form. Yet I’ve purged the settings I’m aware of that could influence the issue, and it persists.
I’m also unable to determine where the crash is occuring; I’ve added log statements to the IntegrationUI (as that manages the UI that is never appearing correctly), and these statements never appear.
What. On. Earth. Could. It. Be?
I’m also posting this on the Deadline forums, just in case there’s some wisdom hiding there.
Any guidance would be appreciated as outside of reinstalling everything (which seems extreme), I cannot solve this.