Client review

Has there been any discussion about using this for client reviews in the future?

1 Like

Yes, this is a possibility in the future. Something we’re very interested in, is how this could connect the web playback together with the desktop playback.

How would you see the client review session operating with this solution?

That sounds very exciting!!
Initially I had thought that clients could simply use the same workflow (download RV and run it, which could maybe be batched for them in so they don’t have to do anything but wait until it’s all setup). This could use a restricted version of RV that would be permissbale to launch by client users.
If a webplayer option could work, then that would be even better as it would require less setup time. To keep things simple for the clients, I’d say you would have a button on the CRS to “Launch Live Session”, which anybody invited to the playlist could instigate. You could then chose frome the list of invitees who you want to have this session with to launch either standalone or webplayer (or a mix). The session would then be saved as an entity as suggested in the other thread (attendees, amount of annotations, attachments in case there is a recording etc).

1 Like

RV light with less features and a cleaner interface would be an option for clients.

But it would be very useful to have the option to share a link and a password to someone that could simply click and access from a web browser by using a desktop or a tablet, for example.
The features for playback, annotate, comment, change status would be enough for this purpose in my opinion.

Nowadays we are working with Shotgrid for internal management and reviews. And for client review we are obligated to have a Frankie account.

Hope to see Shotgrid Client Review working soon.

1 Like

Any updates about where this is for Client reviews? 1) can client users connect to an RV live review session (assuming that they have downloaded RV and have been invited with a link 2) Any plans per @luisdreyfuss suggestion to make it accessible to clients with a web link? Asking all of our clients to download and install RV is going to be a tall order. It would be great to have a client review site that supported live synchronous reviews.

3 Likes

We’d love to see this implemented for client review. We’re fully remote, and sharing a screen through Zoom/Teams/etc is simply not feasible with buffering and frame dropping, etc. It drives clients crazy!

Until then, we’re going to have to adopt Frankie (http://frankie.cospective.com). I hate that we have yet one more tool that’s outside our existing ecosystem, but asking clients to download and install RV - and policing a floating seat on top of that - is not going to work.

That said, I really hope this finds its way on to your roadmap. I would love to have one less platform to manage.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more.
SG is hopelessly behind on that level and really needs to catch up with modern workflow requirements.

1 Like

Also in case anybody currently looks for review software with SG integration and more features, SyncSketch has SG Integration and I have heard some clients that use it:

May be a nice alternative to Frankie if you don’t like that one.

1 Like

yup! Great great piece of software…