Automatization after after project creation

Hey there,
I’d like to automatize some API stuff and folder creation after an Advanced Project Setup has been done on a project.

Is there a hook which would do that?

Thanks

2 Likes

Hey Ben – We don’t have any hooks in the advanced config setup process. If you’re running the Advanced Setup wizard in Desktop to create your configs, I don’t have any suggestions, but you could potentially write a commandline tool to setup the project then do any post-processing that you specify.

We have a tank command, tank setup_project, that is used for this process. You could write a python script that runs the setup_project command, followed by your desired logic.

Here are some useful links:

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

2 Likes

Thanks for you answer!

2 Likes

Handy stuff!
Do you know if it’s possible to define the pipeline config uri to specify the branch to use? or will it only pull from master?
Alternatively, I thought I could use a shotgun descriptor to pull from the current site config, but it looks like the setup_project.py module only accepts either paths on disk, or a git repo url.

Hm wait, there is tk-config-default/after_project_create.py at master · shotgunsoftware/tk-config-default · GitHub
which looks like what you need. We have been using this for a while.
This file sits in your config root directory, not in hooks.

1 Like